Monday, May 4, 2015

ROBBLOG #578


Holy Smokes! Almost a month since I have sent a blog your way.

I have an excuse.
I've been busy.

Yard work.
More yard work.
Re-writing my All for Nun script before rehearsals start in a month or two.
Dealing with Artistic Director duties for Theatre Orillia- of which I am a part.
Plus, I have had days when I have been feeling a little "off".
Dizzy, actually.

I've had the Epley Maneuver- twice.
Active release treatment on my neck- twice .
At this point I am not sure what's next. I hope these brief seconds- 5 or 10, of being dizzy will just go away.
I have had this twice before and they did just that.
They vanished one morning, however, I'd still like to know from whence they came.

During my lapse in blogging, one of the best things my husband Tom and I did was go to the theatre in Toronto. We saw Robin Hood- a really terrific musical, headed for Broadway. Great for all members of the family.



Then, on her final tour- Dame Edna Everage. The Dame (Barry Humphries) played Toronto for 10 days in April. The show was terribly funny. She never stopped. Joke after joke. Whimsy after whimsy. Sitting there watching her exhibit perfect timing. My, how she held the audience in the palm of her hand. It was a learning experience.
Both Barry and the Dame love Toronto and Toronto audiences loved her.
She'll be missed when "their" retirement in Australia sets in fully.

Meanwhile, another "Dame" of sorts- Sister Mary Margaret, has been keeping me busy at the keyboard. I used to think Hank was a workaholic but Sister Mary Margaret is turned on at least 18 hours a day. She's constantly in my head with new situations and jokes and one-liners. Then she wants it put all together in a semblance of  a stage show entitled "All for Nun- A Stage Xtravaganza". Sister MM has a few other characters with her for her first time on the OCC stage- including, Father O'Mally, Sister Murray Anne and Sister Neutrogena. It's sure to be a fabulous three weeks come July at the OCC on Colborne Street, East.

Now I've got to sun. I know, it's a short blog but I will return sooner- unless Sister Mary Margaret comes calling- which undoubtedly...she will.