Wednesday, November 26, 2014

ROBBLOG #564

Dear Readers,
I am taking a few days off, so I asked my best girlfriend Dame Clare Voyant, to write a little something, so look out- here she comes.
R*


Holiday Happenings
by Dame Clare Voyant 

Now that nice man Mr. Reid- who owns this Blog, is allowing me- once again, to sub hit for him with this column of mine. He’s taking a small break you see. I truly appreciate the gesture at this warm, joyous time of the year, even though your Royal Dameness is practically up to ample bosom with Holiday preparations. 

I really am My Dears.
I mean that,
I really do.

Why, there are several trees to be decorated- although my Darling Pool Boy Roger and his “hubbie” Xavier helped me drag my balls out a day or so ago, to see just what I have in storage. Well, you know the “Gays” and their “balls”. Everything has to be hung just so. ~snicker~

My Dear’s the Palais Royale- just on the outskirts of town, will absolutely “sparkle” all through the season. From the electronically enhanced front gate to the Chauffer’s quarters we absolutely glow!

Speaking of such, I remember one year my Chauffeur Rudy got the 57 Chevy all oiled and gassed up to take Roger, Xavier, my Best friend Hedda Lettuce and myself tree shopping. Hedda, Rudy and I were in the Chevy’s cab while the boys jumped into the back, wrapping up tight in a couple of Hudson Bay blankets. Rudy turned up the Christmas tunes and we were good to go! 

There is a special “tree place” My Dears- in that little burg called Oro-Medonte, that we have driven to these past few years. Now it’s all part and Christmas parcel of our Holiday Traditions. We gathered armloads of fresh branches and a tree or two then headed back towards town. A quick stop at the Canadian Tire for some new LED lights that Rudy said we simply must have My Dears- and we were off to brunch and liquid refreshments.

Now, My Dears, I must say when this group of “giddies” gets together all “heck” can break loose. We stopped at a local watering hole to grab a sandwich and a few beers. We chatted and laughed and talked of how we would decorate the trees. I believe we were feeling quite happy.

I must say that My Dears.                                                                                                     I really must! 



Roger and Xavier broke into song at several points and even encouraged one of the Male servers to sit at the old 88’s and bang out a Christmas Song or two. It was absolutely delightful and brought me closer to the Holiday Season. Hedda and I sang our own version of the Twelve Days of Christmas, however My Dears, it got pretty naughty towards the 9th, 10th and 11th days. I just couldn’t repeat the lyrics here in this Blog that we sang. Mr. Reid would flip!

He really would My Dears.  
I mean that.
He really, really would. 

After we were all “tanked” up, off the 57 Chevy sped to the Palais- just on the outskirts of town. We unloaded the boughs and trees into the barn to keep them cool, while Roger and Xavier headed to the indoor pool to shimmy into their speedos for a little “heated” dip.
What a memory and how cherry red their suits were!

Anyway, later today Hedda and I will spread every issue of House and Home- from the past 20 years, on the Living Room rug and begin to look for Holiday Decorating ideas.

We’ll have a terrific time. 
I really mean that My Dears.
I really do.

I must toodle away now because your Dameness has a date with a loofah sponge and a pedicure artiste. The things we “gals” must do to look presentable and garner that “Holiday Glow”. 

Tah for now!