Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ROBBLOG #334


Holy cripes!

November!
Time to pack away autumn and Hallowe’en décor and open up the big boxes labelled Christmas and Holiday Decorations.

I asked a neighbour Marjorie- who was in the process of taking down ghost and goblins, is it too early to start decorating for Christmas?
Marjorie smiled and leaned into my shoulder-
“No, the sparkling lights are so nice and they really lift people’s spirit- don’t they?”
“Yes. They really do.”- I said.
So, in the next few days the pre-lit potted tree will find itself positioned to the right of the front door and two reindeer- including one that moves its head from side to side, will sit alongside.

I just love the holidays and if putting up a few lights makes this month of November seem brighter- like Marjorie says, then I’m all for it. I don’t know where September and October scooted of too but if the next 60 days follows suit, we’ll be looking at a new year in the blink of an eye.

This month can be quite busy.
There’s decorating.
Theatre.
Attending arts and crafts shows.
Santa Claus Parades-
and more.

This year Tom and I are taking the week off before November turns in December. We’re heading to Europe- both Germany and France. Everything is planned and confirmed including a first class train ticket from Mainz, Germany to East Station in Paris. I am so excited at the prospect of riding a train through the countryside to Paris.
Romantic- don’t you think?
The train- at least the first class cars, has a Bistro Restaurant. It’s a 6 hour trip, so I am sure we’ll be dining in style as the train clickety-clacks along the rails.
Do trains still do that? Clickety-Clack?
Maybe this is an electric model and runs quietly along the rails. In my mind I see an old stream engine or a luxury Streamliner whisking us through the French Countryside. Who knows?
Maybe a famous face or two like maybe Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders- the Absolutely Fabulous duo, will be on board and share a table in the Bistro.
It could happen.
Let’s say they’ve been filming in Germany and are heading to Paris for a few days of rest and relaxation before heading home to London. They ask to share our table and we chat and laugh and drink cheap French wine.
They’re on a budget you see and sinking tons of money into their new Television Series.

Upon our arrival in Paris, we discover we're staying at the same hotel and they invite us to a meal in a chic little restaurant along the Champs Elysees.
I’ll let you know if anything close to that scenario even happens.

I hope I’ll be able to blog from Germany and France although sometimes “free Wi-Fi” isn’t as easy to find in parts of Europe. I know we have internet in our Paris Hotel, so I can blog from there for sure.

In the meantime I have to deal with normal November things.

Hey remember, if you want to hear some great Holiday Music right now, Swisssh Holiday Radio is on the air at the website www.swisssh.ca or you can listen through  iTunes or tunein.com (search Swisssh)