Thursday, April 7, 2011

ROBBLOG # 248 W E E K E N D Edition

There’s something to be said for excess.

Excess- an amount beyond what is right or maybe outrageous behaviour. Something you might experience in a “drunken” stupor, for instance. Not that I would know anything about that…

I believe that once in our lives everyone should be able to experience excess. What would excess be for a homeless person? A person living on the street. Maybe a room in a boarding house. An apartment. A month in a hotel. That would be excess.

What is excess for a political candidate running in our federal election? Winning more seats than anyone else. A majority.
That would be excess.
Ah, so not all excess is good.
No.

Excess for me could be many things.
A huge dollop of listeners for Swisssh Radio- that would be excess.
A few hundred readers for this blog.
That would be the kind of excess I could appreciate. However, I have to be content with those that read my blog now.

Many bums in the seats when I produce a show would be excess.
I know.
That’s a little far-fetched but one can dream- can’t one?

I think I would like to have just enough excess money to be comfortable.
I mean really comfortable!
A house here.
A home in Hawaii.
Another in England- especially in the Cotswolds.
A few staff to cater to my needs- and to dust.
I hate dusting. That’s why I have 25 watt bulbs everywhere in the house and when the sun shines through in the late afternoon hours- I pull the blinds.
Out of sight. Out of mind.
Hateful dust!

I would also require a jet to take me here and there but not one of those tiny little private jets. No, I would need something bigger with a lounge and showers. An “on board” Tim Horton’s.
Now that’s excess!
Just a 777.
Something of that size to comfortably accommodate friends on long flights when they come to visit or travel with me.
A relaxing amount of excess.

It goes without saying that I would need an accountant for my bezillions of dollars. Like I’d have the time to count my money or write cheques!

Finally, excess could be even more chest hair for Mark Ruffalo or Tom Selleck. That’s excess in a good way. Proving that real, excessive men have excessive hair on their chests.

Yes, there’s something to be said for excess!