Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ROBBLOG # 247


I wish I had of clipped the exact quote but it was something like this:

“If the Conservatives get a majority, we’ll put guns back into the hands of law-abiding citizens.”
Yup, that’s our Prime Minister.
Yours actually. Not mine.
Bang!
He just can’t let the firearm thing go. Mostly because of the “rednecks on the Christian right” living out in Alberta. Now to be fair, there are plenty of rednecks here in Ontario too.

Them rednecks loves their guns, beer, hockey and any sport where one guy beats the living “bejesus” out of another- all in the name of sportsmanship.

I had promised myself that during this election I would be silent. No sign on the lawn. No lobbying. No writing about the Tory/Alliance/Reform party, but here I am. Look, if the Cons were to get their majority not only would guns be back on the table but they’d be hanging over the television and fireplace once again too! Then, the Harperites would open other questions such as Abortion and Gay Marriage too.

Oh, just to tweek them but to tweek them in keeping with the beliefs of the Christian Right.

I honestly believe that Canadians just don’t care what the hell happens in Ottawa. I can understand why. Elixabeth May? Give it a rest. Look. You’re a nice lady but all you’re doing is taking the votes away from others who have a real party.
Don’t get me started on this Christian Heritage Party either.
Unless you have Jesus Christ stuffed up your ass you can’t be in their party. I don’t think Jesus would be amused.
Covered in crap yes but not amused.

What can we do to change things?
There’s the old adage “Get out and Vote!”
That’s not working anymore, is it?
Look.
Politicians out there.
Listen to Canadians.
No, I mean listen don’t pretend to listen.

Forget your bloody attack ads and all the crap and promises you are throwing our way each day during this election campaign. All we really want is a roof over our heads. Some heat in winter and a bit of extra coin jingling around in our pockets.
Oh, and a big gun to protect it!
Not!
We want hydro to be cheaper. What a rip-off.!
We want to stop companies from “gouging” us with extra fees like- office charges, billing fees, transportation fees and the like.
The other day I get a bill from Bell.
There were three sheets of paper in the envelope. One piece of paper was blank except for a few words at the top that told me the bill’s total also included a 2 dollar paper charge. Bell wasted one sheet of paper to tell me there was a 2 dollar paper charge!!
Things like that are just plain stupid I know but how do we stop it?
Vote?
I hardly think so.

We have so many new-Canadians in this country that we actually have a whole bunch of little countries meshed into one big Canada. The problem is that these new Canadians don’t leave their old ways behind them. The “ways” they left the old country for in the first place. They bring everything here including their individual religious bias and political views.
Which is colourful and multi-cultural- don’t get me wrong.
I get that.
What we all get is a country that doesn’t focus on what is happening in Ottawa. What is right for this country- and they don’t vote.

That’s why the Harperites are heading back to Ottawa with another minority- according to polls. Ignatieff and Layton and the Qing of Quebec have all gasped at the thought of a coalition but maybe that will happen after this election.
It’s not as if politicians haven’t lied to us before.
Right?

So there you have it. My two cents.
Better save that two cents because gas went up to close to a dollar thirty this week and Tim’s is upping their process next week.
I have a few final words.
A thank you, really.
Thank you Mr. Stanton.

Thank you for sending my passport information to Ottawa- Gatineau actually, then getting it back to me in time for a trip I took to New York City two weeks ago.
I appreciated that.

I still can’t vote for your party but I want you to know I appreciate receiving the passport
in a timely fashion.

On Another Note...

Information about Gonorrhea Lectim
The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of this old disease. The disease is called Gonorrhea Lectim. It's pronounced "Gonna re-elect 'em," and it is a terrible disease.
The disease is contracted through dangerous and high risk behaviour involving putting your cranium up your rectum. Many victims contracted it in 2008 when they re-elected Steve Harper and are now starting to realize how destructive this sickness is. It's sad because Gonorrhea Lectim is easily cured with a new drug just coming on the market called Votemout. It's pronounced "Vote-em-out". You take the first dose in 2011 and don't engage in such behaviour again; otherwise, it could become permanent and eventually wipe out all life as we know it in Canada. Please pass this important message on to all those bright folk you really care about.